Saturday 16 November 2013

All That Jazz

This is where I share my thoughts (confusion) on turning 20, and exhibit a lame type of excitement for (*drumroll* *more drumroll* *trumpets*) MY BIRTHDAY, next month (*and the crowd just went wild*)!

Okay. 20. Wow! Adios to the teens, and reception to a new number line. So far so good!
But then somebody forces the M-word and this messes things up. Maturity. Seriously?

The social circles I inhabit, represent a very typical chunk of my generation.
We cling to our gadgets like oxygen.
 We have fallen in love once atleast.
Always have places to go and people to do
Bunk classes. 
Never miss concerts.
Have our DSLRs all stacked up.
Voice our opinions. 
Retweet all those funny one-liners.
Cheer our soccer teams.
Hound Instagram with selfies.
Download TV shows( Breaking Bad, anyone?).
Chill at uber places.
Feed on junk crap.
Make. Music. Art. Love. 

You get the bottom line. All this is not going to change. It is here to stay for sometime atleast. This is the maturity and all that jazz we need right now. Essentially, coming-of-age is only a mental process and happens over a period of time. It is never complete and doesn't ever stop. Hence, vague words like maturity should not be thrown on numbers (especially 20)!

And now, as promised, for the lame part. I have been making these (cool) posters and sending them to all those I know. So that they don't forget my birthday. Not that they would if I didn't send them. 



This is not that lame, right? Okay, shut up, Shikhar.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment